This is a Sunday special and will go down a treat with a glass of wine! I've substituted regular white pasta with black bean spaghetti which is loads higher in protein and fibre. I love the texture of bean pastas and I've got to say, the black pasta looks delicious when served with a tomato sauce. Try this one tonight!
- Organic black bean spaghetti.
- Garlic, 3 cloves, crushed.
- Brown onion, chopped.
- Long red chillies, deseeded and sliced.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Salt and cracked pepper.
- 2 x canned crushed tomatoes.
- White and red fish fillets - I've gone flathead and salmon.
- Mussels and any other seafood you wish.
- Chopped parsley.
- Dry white wine (optional).
- Fry off onion and garlic on low to medium heat in a small amount of olive oil until softened.
- Add a splash of wine and simmer for 2-3 mins then add crushed tomatoes. Let simmer for 10-15 mins as the sauce reduces.
- Toward the end of the sauce reducing, add bean pasta to a pot of boiling water for 6-8 mins or until al dente. Wash pasta.
- Add all seafood, lemon juice, a sprinkle of salt and a smash of pepper and cover with lid for 3-4 mins stirring occasionally. Don't overcook.
- Throw in chopped parsley, stir through and serve!
- Watch guests drool with deliciousness!