BBQ Porterhouse Steak and Sexy Summer Salad
Men LOVE meat. It's a fact! So as summer starts knocking on the door, what better way to finish a Sunday than with a delicious, lean-as Porterhouse steak sizzled up on the BBQ. To keep it company, I've chosen a deliciously fresh summer citrus salad... They go together like, um, steak and salad? Whatever! So tasty and downright healthy!
- Quality, free range Porterhouse steak.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Baby rocket.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Season your steak with salt and pepper and preheat the grill section of your BBQ.
- Prep your salad: half the tomatoes, cut the avocado and orange into bite-size pieces and the pumpkin into tiny cubes.
- Mix all salad items in a big bowl (except pumpkin) with a good hit of olive oil and the juice of one lemon.
- Steam the pumpkin in a steamer for 3-4 minutes. If you don't have a steamer, use the makeshift one I have - a colander atop boiling pot covered with a lid. Once cooked, set aside to cool slightly then mix into salad.
- On high heat, grill your steak. For true manliness, ensure to rotate the steak 90 degrees when you flip the second and third times so you get the cross-hatch effect on the surface. That gets you extra points when your serve!