San Choi Bau
Here's a real favourite of mine! Super-cheap, quick and easy to make. The perfect Thursday night meal.
But instead of the fat-laden Chinese fried style, try my healthy san choy bau recipe. It's messy, juicy and will spill over the place. But when you start munching it down, happy days will be upon you!
- Iceberg lettuce.
- Extra lean mince.
- Olive oil.
- Soy sauce.
- Sesame oil.
- Oyster sauce.
- Water chestnuts.
- Green beans.
- Peel the leaves off your lettuce carefully trying not to tear them.
- Chop your veggies into small pieces.
- Heat non-stick wok and fry off onion, garlic and ginger on medium heat and without burning.
- Toss in carrots and beans until they soften slightly.
- Add in mince, mushrooms and chestnuts and toss until mince is browned.
- Add in oyster sauce, soy sauce and a splash of sesame oil. There's no rules on amounts - just add as much as you like.
- Toss on coriander, spoon into lettuce leaves and get it down with a small glass of white wine.
- Pack remainder for a delicious lunch tomorrow.