So you've got a bit of a sweet tooth? Yeah, me too. Don't think that because you're trying to eat a little healthier, you need to go without. Oh no, far from it...
This cheeky little dessert is the perfect after dinner delight and will satisfy your sweet affection. Think of it as a healthy twist on bananas flambe. Yet whilst the latter dish contains refined sugar, alcohol and butter, the recipe here:
- Contains only natural sugars through the raw honey and cooked bananas. The cooking process actually draws out the natural sugars in the banana.
- Contains the healthful spices cinnamon and nutmeg to add flavour as well as a whole host of positive health benefits.
The recipe actually takes around 2 minutes to make and when topped on some Home-Made Granola or low-fat Greek yoghurt, will be the perfect finish to a healthy weekday meal...
You don't need to be too careful measuring out the ingredient weights - just go for it!
- 2 x bananas, sliced thick, more so if your bananas are getting soft so they hold together when cooked;
- 1 x tablespoon of raw honey.
- Slice you bananas up and pop them into a container;
- Shake in your cinnamon and nutmeg using as much as you like;
- Add the honey, close the lid, and gently shake so the bananas are coated.
- On low heat and spraying the pan well, cook your bananas until they caramelise;
- Serve on top of some Home-Made Nut Granola or yoghurt.
PLEASE, if you found this recipe as tasty as I did, comment and share below. It helps me spread the word!