Breakfast Chia Cups
Are you looking for a tasty protein packed breakfast and have mastered smoothies and poached eggs? My friends, I present to you the sexy looking (but no fuss) Chia Cups.
For best presentation, use a glass vessel like these stemless wine glasses I had. Your favourite whisky glass or OJ vessel would work a treat too.
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds (black. white or mixed);
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Milk (I use the Amaya brand);
- Vanilla Bean Paste (make sure you use the goos stuff, no essence please);
- Fruit of choice (I used Mango, Banana, Strawberry and Blueberry);
- Nuts (can be substituted with whatever you have hands, I used flaked almond);
- Coconut Flakes;
- Yoghurt (I love Chobani fat-free).
- Pour 1 cup of coconut milk and 1/4 cup of chai seeds into a mixing bowl, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla seed paste and stir to remove lumps.
- Divide mixture into glass vessels. Cover and place in fridge to set overnight
- Slice mixed fruit into small cubes and place into a container ready for tomorrow morning.
- Toast sliced nuts and coconut flakes on a dry pan until lightly golden. Store in a airtight container overnight.
- Place a big dollop of yoghurt onto the chia pudding, generously cover with fruit and complete with sprinkles of nut mix.
A delicious looking breakfast, that's super simple, affording you a morning sleep in and sure to impress your overnight guest!