Chest - Incline Dumbbell Fly
- Take position lying on a bench inclined to around 30 degrees. Place your feet flat on the floor and the dumbbells upright onto the thigh muscle just above your knee cap. This means the palms are facing each other.
- One at a time, use the thighs to clean the dumbbell to the sides of shoulders. (This practice is imperative to get right with lighter weights to allow you to lift heavier weights once you get stronger). Rotate your wrists so that your palms face forward and press the weight up so that your arms are extended. Then rotate the palms back to facing each other. This is the starting position.
- Commence the movement with a slight bend at the elbow, lower the dumbbells outward to the sides over 1-2 seconds as you breathe in and feel the stretch through your chest. Take a short pause at the bottom of the movement where your chest is at full expansion and your palms face the ceiling.
- Then squeeze the chest are you reverse the arms back up to the starting position over 1-2 seconds, exhaling as you do.
- At the completion of your set, hold the dumbbells outstretched at the top of the movement then lower them first to the thighs before you take them to the ground for the safest dismount.