CHEST - Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
- Take position lying on a bench inclined to around 30-45 degrees. Any higher than this will take the focus off your chest and place it onto your shoulders.
- Place your feet flat on the floor and the dumbbells upright onto the thigh muscle just above your knee cap. This means the palms are facing each other.
- One at a time, use the thighs to clean the dumbbell up to the starting position at the sides of shoulders. (This practice is imperative to get right with lighter weights to allow you to lift heavier weights once you get stronger). Rotate your wrists so that your palms face forward, retract your shoulder blades and arch your back slightly. This is the starting position.
- Commence the movement by raising the dumbbells over 1-2 seconds as you breathe out, pushing from your chest.
- Hold the arms extended for a second then slowly return to the starting position over 2 seconds as you breathe in, feeling the stretch through your chest and stopping the movement when the dumbbells are adjacent to your shoulders.
- At the completion of your set, hold the dumbbells outstretched at the top of the movement and rotate the wrists back so that they face each other. Lower them first to the thighs before you take them to the ground for the safest dismount.