Chest - Flat Dumbbell CHEST Press
- Take position, sitting at the front end of a flat bench with your feet on the floor and the dumbbells upright on the thigh muscle just above your knee cap. This means the palms are facing each other.
- Keeping the dumbbells on the thighs, rock back into the lying position with dumbbells at the sides of shoulders. (This practice is imperative to get right with lighter weights to allow you to lift heavier weights once you get stronger). Rotate your wrists so that your palms face forward, retract your shoulder blades and arch your back slightly. This is these starting position.
- To commence the movement, raise the dumbbells over 1-2 seconds as you breathe out, pushing from your chest.
- Hold the arms extended for a second then slowly return to the starting position over 2 seconds as you breathe in, feeling the stretch through your chest and stop the movement when the dumbbells are adjacent to your shoulders.
- At the completion of your set, hold the dumbbells outstretched at the top of the movement and rotate the wrists back so that they face each other. Lift your legs up and rock back slightly at the waist to allow you to lower the dumbbells first to the thighs. When your rock forward again, you will have momentum to stand up, dumbbells remaining on your thighs where you can then take them to the ground for the safest dismount.