Salmon Bowls - you've seen them all over Instagram but never thought to prep them yourself? Well this post will change that.
You know that routine... It's 5pm and you're starting to think about dinner but there's no groceries left and you have zero idea what to cook? Well, I want this to be your go-to!
These Salmon Bowls take around 15 minutes total to prepare and are the perfect meal for those wanting to manage their weight. Low calorie, high protein, Omega-3's and stuffed with vitamins, you'd be hard-pressed to find a healthier dish.
A lot of the ingredients may not be items you have used before but don't be daunted... Press on. Watch the video and get your Salmon Bowls happening tonight. It's a cinch, and a very sexy, tasty cinch at that!
You don't need to measure out the ingredients. Just rough amounts are fine...
FOR THE BOWL:
- Kale, roughly chopped;
- Olive oil;
- Salmon fillets, 2-3 pieces or adjust based on number of people;
- Sea salt;
- Red quinoa - use microwave packet version;
- Avocado, chopped;
- Cucumber, chopped;
- Corn, cut from cob;
- Edamame beans;
- Mango, chopped;
- Bean sprouts;
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2x tablespoons miso paste;
- 1x tablespoon white wine vinegar;
- 1x tablespoon sesame oil;
- 1x tablespoon soy sauce.
OPTIONAL: Furikake rice seasoning.
- Make sure you do all of your prep work first - get your bowls ready, microwave your quinoa and your chopped veggies.
- In a pan over medium heat, add your chopped kale with a little oil and wilt it. Add a sprinkle of salt; Remove and place into your bowls;
- Turn the heat up slightly, spray with pan surface with oil and add salmon, skin side down and allow to cook;
- Whilst salmon is cooking, prepare your bowl base; Add the quinoa and mix it up with the kale; then add your salad vegetables in segments so that each ingredients only occupies a portion of the bowl. This makes it look super-presentable!
- Flip your salmon over and cook to your preferred amount; Remove from the pan and cut into smaller pieces and top the salad bowl.
- Lastly, make up your dressing in a small bowl. Take all dressing ingredients and whisk them with a fork then spoon over the top of the bowl;
- Add your rice seasoning for extra taste.
Get stuck into it friends, you're going to love it!