Peri Peri Chicken - Healthy, Home-made Style!
This is one of my favourite meals to date. Thanks to Jamie Oliver for the inspiration! A perfect Sunday snack-style, casual meal, it's a cinch to do but is bloody tasty.
If you are a proper Nandos addict, this one might prove a little too much adjustment for you. But if like me, you love taking unhealthy recipes and tuning them up, then this is BANG ON!
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner... you may say!
- Sweet potato, sliced into chips, as many as you wish;
- 6x garlic cloves, peeled;
- Smoked paprika;
- 2x red onions, quartered;
- Chicken, as much as you wish to eat, sliced into snack sized dipping bites;
- Packet of cherry tomatoes;
- 2x Large red and green chillies; cut a few slices for garnish and keep the rest whole;
- Red wine vinegar;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- 200g jar of pickled jalapeños;
- Bunch of coriander.
- Do all of your prep before you get started and this recipe becomes easy.
- Use spray oil to grease a pan and pop your sweet potato slices into the over and bake at 180 degrees celsius.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush two of the garlic gloves, with a good shake of paprika, a pinch of sea salt and nice glug of olive oil. Use a brush to cover your chicken in this marinade and leave to soak up for a few hours in the fridge.
- Fry off the chicken on high heat until brown in one pan.
- At the same time, char the onions, chilli, remaining garlic and tomatoes in a griddle pan on high heat. Then, once veggies have cooled slightly, blitz them until smooth with a blender or food processor. Use a good shake each of red wine vinegar and olive oil to make a smooth, 'peri peri-style' sauce.
- Clean the blender and then add the pickled jalapeños (including fluid) and a big bunch of coriander. Blitz into a dipping sauce.
- Lastly, spread the grilled chicken and sweet potato chips upon a chopping board as shown, then spoon your peri peri down in between and garnish with leaves of fresh coriander and sliced chilli. Serve with hot jalapeños sauce in a side vessel.
- DIP AWAY WITH FRIENDS!!!
Love this recipe? Click on the book image below to download your copy of my new eBook - Bloke Can Cook! It's the perfect resource for guys wanting to get on top of their nutrition!