So when your mate puts on you at the gym that he's very hungry and has nothing to eat, what do you do? Of course, you offer him dinner at your pad - with one condition: he must cook.
So in this simple but tasty recipe, I've got hold of my buddy Keil and commissioned him to whip up dinner for the two of us. Like a dancer with two left feet, his cooking skills are moderate at best. But when you cook in JS's kitchen, shit goes down! Enjoy this one!
- 2 salmon or trout fillets;
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard;
- 2 tsp seeded mustard;
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced;
- Handful of chopped parsley;
- Salt and pepper;
- Cup of panko breadcrumbs;
- Small splash of EV olive oil
- Vegetables to accompany;
Take your fish fillets and pat them down to remove excess moisture. Place on a greased baking tray and pre-heat over to 180 degrees.
- In a side bowl, combine both mustards, garlic, parsley, a pinch of salt and a crack of pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Skin side down, add a nice thick layer of the mustard mixture - this is the under-coat;
- Toss breadcrumbs thoroughly with a small amount of olive oil; you want them to be coated so they brown but not wet. Just work the olive oil through with your fingers and it should clump together slightly when you squeeze it.
- Take a handful of the crumbs and press them into the mustard getting full cover of the flesh side and flanks of the fillet.
- Pop fillets in pre-heated oven and cook until crumbs are golden brown. That's usually enough time for the fillet to be medium.
- Serve it up with some grilled veggies and devour, slowly...
Make it, do it! Leave your comments below if you love it!