I don't know what it is, but the combination of lime, chilli and coriander gets me juicy! It smells like summer, feels fresh and healthy, and tastes the tits.
The cool thing is that these three ingredients go so well with any "meat dish" - pork, lamb, beef, chicken, prawn or fish! I even had it with kangaroo a few nights back. You just marinade whatever meat you choose in these three ingredients plus some garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and BANG, you're on!
In this recipe, I've used chicken and matched it with an avocado and tomato salad and some deliciously healthy black rice! Gosh, I guess this is a sign I'm getting old! Saturday night in with a meal for one?? haha!
- Skinless chicken breast - as much as you want;
- EV olive oil, a good glug;
- 1x teaspoon of salt;
- Loads of cracked pepper;
- 3x teaspoons of minced garlic;
- A good shake of chilli flakes, according to preference;
- Half bunch of coriander;
- Half bunch of flat parsley (optional)
- Black rice, as much as you want;
- 1 avocado, cubed;
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved;
- Lime wedges.
Here's how we do it!
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, chilli flakes and herbs in a large bowl with the chicken sliced into smaller lengths.
- Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in fridge for minimum 30 minutes but a couple hours if possible, is preferable.
- Once you've finished marinating the chicken, you need to get your black rice on the stove. Because it is so unrefined, it takes much longer than white rice to cook. Allow around 30 minutes. Add your rice to a pot of boiling water and a teaspoon of salt.
- For the salad, simply combine your halved cherry tomatoes with your cubed avocado. Add some olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and some of the fresh chopped herbs and toss.
- Checking in on your rice, as it nears being cooked, get your chicken onto a high heat grill. It will only take a few minutes each side. Be careful not too overcook as the chicken will dry.
- Serve up your sexy dish in all its glory!
Tell me what you think? Taste sensation? I thought some! Maybe send me a pic to email@example.com and I'll share the love...