Sometimes you don't feel like a whole meal huh? You're peckish but a snack will hit the mark just perfectly. The issue is, so many of us will grab for that packet of chips or cheese and crackers. As an indulgence, that's cool but if this becomes your norm, weight management will always be an issue.
So try on this simple snack idea. It'll take literally 5 minutes to do up and is one of those super tasty, super simple things you'll ask yourself why you've never done before.
- Wholemeal rice cakes;
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed;
- Lime juice squeeze;
- Sumac, enough to sprinkle on top of the rice cakes;
- Fresh eggs;
- Salt and pepper;
- Parsley or chives to garnish, chopped.
Just to make a point, this ain't rocket science but lots of my tribe are not yet adept at cooking so if you look at this and know the crack immediately, get stuck straight into it!
- Mash your avocado and add some lime juice to make things extra tasty. Pile it on top of the rice cakes.
- Take your rice cakes and top them with sumac. This is a beautiful tangy spice that just really goes well with avocado and eggs. Use heaps, it's worth it.
- Using only spray oil, heat up your pan and fry your egg making sure not to cook the yolk through. Add that on top of the avo.
- Top with some salt, pepper and some chopped herbs.
- Devour....slowly. And enjoy ;)
Tell me what you think? Taste sensation? I thought some! Maybe send me a pic to email@example.com and I'll share the love...