Ain't that just a beautiful tune. And I think it's the reason why banana pancakes are the symbol of a relaxing Sunday morning for me! It's a time to chill out, have a sleep in and recharge for the week ahead.
This recipe is your friend. It makes around 3-4 medium sized, tender and fluffy pancakes and takes only minutes to make. Double the mixture for 6-8 pancakes.
My favourite topping is a drizzle of maple syrup and a tonne of sliced strawberries. And if you want to get fancy, a sprinkle of muesli, coconut and cacao sends the taste and sexiness through the roof.
Want to get in with your other half? Here's you in-road this weekend!
- 1 x mashed banana;
- 2 x whole eggs;
- 1 x cup of almond meal;
- 1 x teaspoon of baking soda;
- Maple syrup;
- Make sure your banana is completely mashed and with no lumps.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the banana with eggs, almond meal and baking soda. Again, you want to beat with a fork until smooth. The mixture should be thick but pourable.
- Spray your skillet lightly and over medium heat, cook your pancakes for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve layered on a plate - decorate with berries and drizzle lightly with maple syrup and serve.
And then just watch your partner ooze love for you the rest of the day!