Almond Butter Squares
Every now and then you have got to treat yourself huh! What fun is life without a little indulgence? Well these Almond Butter Squares are just the tits and the perfect way to cap off a top day. I'm eating mine right now with a cup of tea whilst I write!
The recipe is super simple and will be ready to devour in no time! Sure, these are not an every day food but what's life without a little indulgence huh?
- 1/2 cup almond butter;
- 1/4 cup agave nectar;
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil;
- 1 cup almond meal or flour;
- 1/3 cup of carob, chopped;
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs;
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, chopped;
- Pinch sea salt;
- In a bowl, use a whisk to combine the almond butter, agave and coconut oil then add in the almond meal/flour and work it through.
- Add the carob and cacao nibs and stir through evenly.
- Take a loaf pan and line with baking paper and spray oil to grease then add the batter and ensure it is spread level. Press down lightly with the fingers to get it into the corners.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt and chopped almonds. An additional few cacao nibs will add to the love!
- Pop loaf pan in fridge and let sit for an hour or two whilst it settles. Upon removing from the fridge, cut into squares and make sure you take a photo of your work. There will be VERY little left in a few minutes!
Tell me what you think? Taste sensation? I thought some! Maybe send me a pic to email@example.com and I'll share the love...